Leaf Lace Kimono Finished

I was enticed to knit this pattern based on commentary in Knitting Daily and Ravelry.

  

Despite my swatching before starting, the actual piece and the measurements that I expected it to be were significantly different. In large part, I attribute this to the lace and how it blossomed. Also, the pattern is meant to be loose which is not how I wear my tops.

 

I am a major fan of using stitch markers for each pace repeat when knitting lace to keep track of your progress. For this lace pattern, the markers needed to be moved one stitch every fifth row which is annoying and extra work.

 

Instead of using ribbon for ties, I made a chain stitch tie. I considered making i-cords but they’re boring and I thought that I might not have enough yarn left.

 

If I hadn’t started this project on my honeymoon, I would give it away. It’s one of the few projects that I’ve made that I haven’t liked once I finished it.

 

Unfortunately, all I have is photos of the piece as it dries on the blocking wires. At some point, I will need to get photos of my completed items. Unlike many of my knitting friends, I don’t mind sewing the pieces together. Although I must admit that unsually shaped garments like this can be a challenge.

 

Interweave Summer 2008 Leaf Lace Kimono Stitch Detail

Interweave Summer 2008 Leaf Lace Kimono Stitch Detail

Leaf Lace Kimono Front and Back on Blocking Wires

Leaf Lace Kimono Front and Back on Blocking Wires

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.